Polytechnics that offer civil engineering in Nigeria are many. It is obvious that most Nigerian students prefer university admission to polytechnics. But admission in universities is most times too competitive.
However, joint admission matriculation board (JAMB) made it simple to choose any polytechnics as a second choice. Choosing the wrong polytechnics is another mistake that can prevent one from gaining admission into the school.
And to prevent you from choosing a polytechnic that is not offering civil engineering, we decided to give you a full list of polytechnics that offer civil engineering in Nigeria.
In this article, we are going to a list of polytechnics offering civil engineering, their requirements, and cut-off marks. including WAEC/NECO subject requirements and UTME subject combination for civil engineering.
Requirements to study civil engineering in polytechnics
To study civil engineering in polytechnics, you must need the requirements below;
- A good grade in O level result
- Meet the UTME/JAMB minimum cut off mark
- Correct subject combination
- You must attend the post UTME or admission screening exercise of the school.
Full list of polytechnics that offer civil engineering in Nigeria
- Abdul-Gusau Polytechnic, Zamfara State
- Abia State Polytechnic
- Abubakar Tatari Ali Polytechnic, Bauchi State
- Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechic, Unwana
- Auchi Polytechnic
- Benue State Poly, Benue State. (BEN-POLY)
- Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti
- Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi
- Federal Polytechnic, Bida
- Federal Polytechnic Damaturu, Yobe State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Ede, Osun State
- Polytechnic, Offa, Kwara State
- Federal Polytechnic, Idah Kogi State
- Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Ogun State
- Federal Polytechnic, Mubi, Adamawa State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Kaura/Namoda, Zamfara State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Nassarawa, Nassarawa State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Owerri, Imo State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Anambra State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Ukana Akwa Ibom State
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Ondo State. (RUGIPO)
- The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State (The Polytechnic, Ibadan)
- Institute of Management and Technology, Enugu State (IMT-ENU)
- Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna (KAD-POLY)
- Kano State Polytechnic
- Hassan Usman Katsina Poly, Katsina State.
- Hussaini Adamu Federal Polytechnic, Jigawa State. (KAZAURE)
- Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja
- Kwara State Polytechnic
- Lagos State Polytechnic, Ikorodu (LASPOTECH)
- Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (MAPOLY)
- Nasarawa State Polytechnic (NASPOTEC)
- Nigeria Army Institute of Technology and Environmental Studies, Benue State (NAITES)
- Nogak Polytechnic, Cross River State.
- Delta State Polytechnic, Delta State.
- Osun State Polytechnic (OSUNPOLY)
- Osun State College of Tech, Esa-Oke (OSUNTECH)
- Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro
- Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin-Ladi
- Umar Ali Shinkafi Polytechnic, Sokoto
- Adamawa State Polytechnic
- Kenule Beeson Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic, Rivers State
- The Ibarapa Polytechnic, Eruwa,Oyo State. (TIPE)
- Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic Kebbi State.
- Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos State (YABATECH)
- Niger State Polytechnic, Zungeru, Niger State
UTME/JAMB cut off mark for civil engineering in Nigeria
The minimum cut off mark to study civil engineering in any Nigerian university is 120. However, to have a high chance of gaining admission, you should target 180 and above.
WAEC/NECO Subject requirement for civil engineering
- and other related subjects such computer science, biology, geography etc
JAMB subject combination for civil engineering
Thanks for reading our article on polytechnics that offer civil engineering in Nigeria. We hope you find this article useful. If you do, please share with your friends on social media.
and if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to drop them below.