Every university has its own cut off mark for architecture. It is one of the most considered requirements to gain admission into Nigerian universities. And it is very essential to know the JAMB cut off mark for architecture before choosing any university in Nigeria.
Also check: New JAMB Cut Off Mark for Aeronautical Engineering in Nigeria
so, In this post, I am going to give you everything you need to know architecture course. This will cover, requirements, cut off mark, and JAMB subject combinations for architecture.
What is architecture all about?
Architecture is the art and method of designing and building structures, as opposed to construction abilities. Architecture is used to meet both practical and expressive needs, so it can be used for both utilitarian and artistic purposes.
Professional architects are responsible for designing, planning, and developing concepts for every building construction.
Requirements to study architecture in Nigeria
Every JAMB candidate interested in studying architecture in Nigeria must meet the following requirements:
- You must meet the architecture cut-off mark set by JAMB and the school.
- You must be 16 years old or older to participate.
- A good jamb subject mixture is essential.
- You must have a good JAMB, WAEC, or NECO score, as well as a post-UTME score.
- Your O-level result must have at least 5 credits.
Direct entry requirements for architecture
To be admitted through direct entry, you must meet four (4) major prerequisites. Any candidate seeking admission to Nigerian universities through direct entry must meet the following requirements:
- He or she must have a minimum of five credits in their O level results. It should be either WAEC or NECO, and no more than two sittings should be required.
- He or she will need to buy a direct entrance form. Using the school portal or the joint admission matriculation board (JAMB)
- Upper credit or merit RESULT in a comparable field from a National Certificate of Education (NCE) or National Diploma (ND).
- Meeting the requirements of the faculty or department.
- JUPEB and IJMB are also accepted by most Nigerian Universities for direct entrance.
JAMB cut off mark for architecture
According to the joint admission matriculation board (JAMB), the general cut off mark for architecture in Nigeria is 180. However, to be considered for admission to almost every Nigerian university, you need a JAMB score of 250 and above.
Those with 180 and above may also be considered base on their O-level result or others. But the chance is always low.
JAMB subject combination for architecture
- Use of English
- Geography or any of the following subjects: Biology, chemistry, and economics
Yes. Architecture is a good career in Nigeria.
The minimum duration for architecture in Nigerian universities is four (4) years.
NO. You don’t need to be good at drawing to study architecture. You just need the basic sketching knowledge
YES. There are some aspects of mathematics that you need to study as an architecture student.
Architecture is a good course to study in Nigeria. This is because the job opportunity is not as scares as some other courses.
Finally, we believe by now you would have known the jamb cut off mark for architecture and all it takes to study the course in Nigeria. However, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to drop it in the comment section.