Do you want to study pharmacy but don’t know the exact JAMB score for pharmacy? if yes then don’t worry yourself anymore. in this post, I will give everything you need to know about pharmacy course in Nigeria.
This will include, JAMB cut off mark for pharmacy, requirements for pharmacy in Nigeria, JAMB subject combination for pharmacy, and how to calculate pharmacy aggregate.
So lets dive in, but before then, what is Pharmacy all about?
Check: FULL List of IJMB Centres in Nigeria (UPDATED)
ALL about pharmacy
Pharmacy is the preparation and standardization of drugs; it is a science and an art. Its purview includes the raising of plants used as medications, the manufacture of chemical compounds of therapeutic potential, and the examination of therapeutic agents. And those who study pharmacy are known as pharmacists.
Pharmacists are medical specialists with a focus on the proper administration, preservation, and storage of medications. They can provide you advice on how to take drugs and inform you of any possible side effects. They fulfill prescriptions that have been given by doctors and other healthcare professionals.
UTME Requirements for pharmacy in Nigeria
Every JAMB candidate interested in studying pharmacy in Nigeria must meet the following requirements:
- You must be 16 years old or older to participate.
- You must meet the pharmacy JAMB score set by JAMB and the school.
- A good jamb subject mixture is essential.
- Your O-level result must have at least 5 credits.
- You must have a good JAMB, WAEC, or NECO score, as well as a post-UTME score.
Direct Entry Requirements for pharmacy in Nigeria
To be admitted through direct entry to study pharmacy, you must meet four (4) major prerequisites. Any candidate seeking admission to Nigerian Universities through direct entry must meet the following requirements:
- Meeting the requirements of the faculty or department.
- He or she must have a minimum of five credits in their O level results. It should be either WAEC or NECO, and no more than two sittings should be required.
- He or she will need to buy a direct entrance form. Using the school portal or the joint admission matriculation board (JAMB)
- Upper credit or merit RESULT in a comparable field from a National Certificate of Education (NCE) or National Diploma (ND).
- JUPEB and IJMB are also accepted by most Nigerian Universities for direct entrance
JAMB score for pharmacy in Nigeria
Every JAMB candidate interested in studying pharmacy in Nigeria is expected to score 250 and above. However, some universities may accept below that, but the least cut off mark Nigerian universities can accept is 180. There are some universities that will consider you if you have 180 JAMB score for pharmacy and a good O level result, but no university will accept you if you score below that.
JAMB subject combination for pharmacy in Nigeria
- Use of English
Thanks for reading our article on JAMB score for Pharmacy. We believe by now you have known the jamb cut off mark for Pharmacy in Nigeria.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to drop them in the comment section.