Studying biochemistry in Nigeria is not easy, but with the right university, it becomes easier. That makes it essential to know the top 10 best university to study biochemistry in Nigeria.
If you have been looking for universities to study biochemistry in Nigeria, you should not look for them anymore. In this post, we are going to give you a list of top universities to study biochemistry in Nigeria, their cut off marks, and their requirements.
You will also find out the correct JAMB subject combination for biochemistry. Without much ado, let’s dive in.
Requirements to study biochemistry in Nigeria
Below are the requirements for biochemistry in Nigeria universities;
- You must meet the biochemistry Cut Off Mark
- You must be at least 16 years of age.
- One should have a correct jamb combination.
- You need to have a good score in JAMB, WAEC, or NECO and post UTME
- You must have at least 5 credits in your O level result. Either in WAEC or NECO. These subjects include English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
Direct entry requirements for biochemistry in Nigeria
There are four (4) major requirements to gain admission through direct entry to Nigerian universities. Any candidate seeking admission through direct entry must meet the requirements below;
- He/She must have at least five credits in O level results. It should not be more than two sittings.
- He/she must purchase a direct entry form. Either from the school portal or through the joint admission matriculation board (JAMB),
- National Certificate of Education (NCE) or National Diploma (ND) Upper credit or merit RESULT in a related field.
- satisfying the faculty or department requirements.
Top 10 Best University to Study Biochemistry in Nigeria
|1||Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria (ABU)|
|3||Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU)|
|4||University Of Calabar (UNICAL)|
|5||University Of Uyo|
|6||University of Benin (UNIBEN)|
|7||University of Ibadan (UI)|
|8||University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)|
|9||University of Lagos (UNILAG)|
|10||University of Nigeria (UNN)|
If you are looking for the best university to study biochemistry in Nigeria, you can consider any of the above top 10 best university to study biochemistry in Nigeria.
ALSO READ: Top 10 Best University to Study Political Science in Nigeria
JAMB subjects for biochemistry
|3||Use of English|
JAMB cut off mark for biochemistry in Nigeria
The general cut off mark for biochemistry in Nigeria is 150. However, if you want to study in any of the above best universities to study biochemistry, you should target at least 180 or 200.
The secret is, the higher the score, the higher the chance of admission.
Biochemistry is a four (4) years course in Nigeria. Any candidate wishing to study biochemistry in Nigeria should be ready to spend four years in school with the addition of one year of NYSC service.
This depends on where you are being employed. However, a professional biochemist payout should be from N300,000 and above
YES. Anybody with a biochemistry degree can work in NNPC.
YES. A professional biochemist can work in the hospital laboratory.
YES. Biochemistry is a good career in Nigeria. However, due to the high level of unemployment in the country, it is good to know how to market the skill before going for it.
Thank you for reading our article on the top 10 best university to study biochemistry in Nigeria. We hope you find this article helpful. if you do, please share it with your friends on social media.
Also, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to drop it in the comment section.