One of the best university to stidy political science in Nigeria is UNILORIN. However, many candidates wishing to study the course in the school don’t know unilorin cut off mark for civil engineering.
If you are 2022/2023 JAMB candidate looking for UNILORIN civil engineering cut off mark and requirements, you shouldn’t look for it anymore. In this post, I am going to cover not just cut-off marks for engineering, but almost everything you need to know about civil engineering in UNILORIN.
This will include requirements to study civil engineering, how long it takes to study political science in UNILORIN, JAMB subject combination for political science, and others.
All you need to know about civil engineering
Civil engineering deals with designing and building structural works that serve the general public, such as dams, bridges, aqueducts, canals, highways, power plants, sewerage systems, and other infrastructure.
Those who design and build bridges, canals, dams, etc as known as civil engineers.
Requirements to study civil engineering in Nigeria
Every JAMB candidate who wishes to study civil engineering at UNILORIN is expected to meet the requirements below;
- You must meet the civil engineering cut-off mark
- You must be at least 16 years of age.
- One should have a correct jamb subjects combination
- You need to have a good score in JAMB, WAEC, or NECO and post UTME
- Must have at least 5 credits in your O level result.
Direct entry requirements for civil engineering
There are four (4) major requirements to gain admission through direct entry. Any candidate seeking admission through direct entry must meet the requirements below;
- He/She must have at least five credits in O level result. either WAEC or NECO, and it should not be more than two sittings
- He/She must purchase a direct entry form. Either from the school portal or through joint admission matriculation board (JAMB)
- National Certificate of Education (NCE) or National Diploma (ND) Upper credit or merit RESULT in a related field.
- Satisfying the faculty or department requirements.
UNILORIN cut off mark for civil engineering
The general cut off mark set by joint admission matriculation board is 150. However, not all universities accept the general cut off mark. If you want to study civil engineering in UNILORIN and other universities like Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), you will need a cut off mark of 180 or 200 and above.
It is always recommended to target 250 or above, so you will have a higher chance of gaining admission to most Nigerian universities.
JAMB subject combination for civil engineering.
- And any other related subjects
WAEC/NECO subject combination for civil engineering
- Use of English
- and any other related subjects.
You can use the following link to check your admission status or login into your account
Civil engineering and many other engineering courses in UNILORIN are four (4) years courses. Any JAMB candidate wishing to study civil engineering in the school should be ready to spend four years.
The answer is NO. If you want to study at UNILORIN, you should consider choosing it as your first choice.
YES. Anybody with NECO result is eligible to study in UNILORIN, so far he/she meets the other requirements.
YES. UNILORIN does organize POST UTME exam every year before admitting the students.
Final thoughts on UNILORIN cut off mark for civil engineering.
We believe by now you would have known the exact cut off mark, requirements, and jamb subject combination for civil engineering at UNILORIN.
However, if you have any question, please dont hesitate to drop it in the comment section below.